The Lancer Gridiron Club was founded to support and promote the Shawnee Mission East football program and all high school Lancer football players and coaches. Our organization is open to anyone in the community; parents, alumni and businesses. Our goal is to provide year-round support to ensure that the program is successful in creating a winning football environment for the players, coaches, students, parents and fans in the SME community.
The Club is a 501(c)(3) organization, and performs a variety of activities and duties to help the team perform at its best and help its coaches run a first-class program. The Lacer Gridiron Club is funded each year through sponsorship, an annual golf tournament, membership dues, and spirit-wear sales.
Here are just a few of the items the Gridiron Club Funds:
- Funding new team equipment, uniforms and training equipment
- Providing team meals to all players and 5th Quarters
- Providing a professional videographer for all varsity games to create highlight films and motivational videos for the team
- Providing team building activities
- Hosting end of season Banquet for all Football players and families
- Hosting the Blue & Black Scrimmage for all Lancer Football Players, grade school thru high school